Monday, March 25, 2019

To Done List

Today is my first day outside of the glorious halo of what is spring break.  To Do Lists were so loose for 10 days, and today's to-do-list is seriously just off the chain!  To keep me calm, I've decided to create a list of what I did over break to remind me of just how much I accomplished even if I wasn't checking it off a list... my hopes are that it will embrace some kind of balance and know that the hard work of today was needed to balance out the ungodly amount of 'me time' I'm coming off of.  Here you go:

- 1 full day of PD to work with my colleagues, accomplishing so many 'pick-me-uppers' to get me pumped for what's to come
- a one hour professional massage
- a dinner date with my husband to the world famous Mexican fish fry at St. Cecelia's (including a very large margarita and live dancing!)
- a double date with my best friend from elementary school and spicy basil from my favorite Thai restaurant
- a double date with my best friend from high school where we BBQ'd and played Scattergories (and drank... a lot - it was St. Patrick's day!)
- a family dinner at my in law's where I got to snuggle my 1 month old nephew Teddy
- a handful of days with ZERO plans (bliss for me)
- finished an entire book - The Girl in Cabin 10
- watched documentaries! - The Notorious RGB (Hubby bought me a rad sticker for my laptop), Identical Strangers, and Surviving R. Kelly
- Cleaned lily bed
- Cleaned blackberry bed
- Cleaned raised beds
- Cleaned succulent bed
- Bagged so many leaves and sticks
- Burned even more leaves and sticks
- Transferred our fish pond back outside
- Harvested and ate kale from indoor aquaponics set up
- Painted bird house
- Cleaned front porch
- Played a lot of Tetris
- Ran at park
- Walked dogs around neighborhood (so many times!)
- Biked Forest Park
- Biked Grants Trail
- Overate and Overdrank - in such a good way!
- Went to movies to see Greta
- Cooked for friends, laughed, and did good things for others
- SAW LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON speak about her new book right in my home town!
- Ate BBQ and laughed with my husband
- Slept in
- Napped
- Wrote postcards
- Went to the book store
- plenty of to-do's that are boring, but I am so grateful I had time for

Yes, I feel better now.  What a great list.

4 comments:

  1. Um... if that's not an impressive list, I don't know what is! I'm so bummed I couldn't join you for the Laurie Halse Andersin bliss. Seriously...don't forget your recent post about not moving at the speed of light as you settle back in at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many things to light your fire. May you hold them in your heart as you slide back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many small moments within your list. I would love to hear about transferring the fish pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great exercise to help us remember to acknowledge and celebrate all our achievements.

    ReplyDelete