Friday, March 29, 2019

Forecasts

Fridays are different.

I woke up, hit the snooze, and stayed in bed staring at the magic that is my phone.  One of the browse-able sites to start the day is weather.

10 day forecast included 9 full days of rain, number one being today--a death sentence to my spunkier side.

A Friday full of rain is still a Friday, so I get up and plan to rearrange a day full of outdoor evening plans without messing up my mojo.  Know what?  The rain held.  I got to stand in a line outdoors with my BFF for the best Mexican Fish Fry in StL.  I rode around with the windows open with no jacket needed.  I took a walk.  I burnt some shit in the fire pit when I got home.

No mojo mess up needed.  I think it is a lesson I fail to learn that I must be reminded of again and again and again.  Live in the moment, dummy.

Forecasts are stupid.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the forecast was wrong, and you got to enjoy the day. And I love the line, "Live in the moment, dummy." I think I need to print that one out and post it throughout my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rarely rains where I live, and I love a rainy day so much. But I can imagine being very happy for a day without rain and with much outdoor time.

    ReplyDelete