Saturday, March 30, 2019

I Went to a Wedding

This Saturday is full of some boring stuff.  Rain, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, changing sheets, meal planning, cleaning toilets, fresh towels... you get the idea.  Then, I drove an hour in the rain there, and  an hour in the rain back home to sit here and type this blog before leaving for the reception.

I sat in the most gorgeous green house among friends and saw one of the most uplifting weddings of my life.  I laughed.  I cried.  They're one of those couples you know will make the universe better by being together.

Just a thought on how strange a day can be when you see it from the perspective of others.  My morning cleaning toilets, etc. was her morning getting her hair done, having pictures, spending time with her favorite people on earth. 

A day is a day... interesting all of the ways we can choose to spend it.


2 comments:

  1. Funny... I went to a wedding and reception last night too (the wedding was supposed to be outside--their plans changed at the last minute) and I got a bit teary-eyed during the ceremony... something I don't usually do. I'm glad your day was a balanced one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From cleaning toilets to a wedding! That's quite the day. I hadn't thought before how how others are experiencing the same day.Interesting to reflect on all the ways we might be spending our time.

    ReplyDelete