Monday, March 11, 2019

Making Time

One of those things I'm trying to do more of in 2019 is spend more time with my nieces and nephews.  Life gets busy and I don't always have as much time with them as I'd like.

My niece is a senior and got to choose a career for shadow day.  She asked if she could come observe my classroom tomorrow.  An obvious yes!  She's here now and after scarfing dinner and walking the dogs, I asked, "Do you really think you might go into teaching?"  The reply, "Nah, I just wanted to spend time with you."

So tonight, no need to look for meaning in the day as I write my post... I'm just going to go enjoy it.


6 comments:

  1. Love this. Sometimes our family members connect with us in special ways we don't even realize. So lucky you are close, I wish I could hang out with my nephew over dinner. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s so cool! She obviously cherishes the time she spends with you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she wanted to spend time with you! I cannot get my nieces and nephews to return a text!!! She'll love spending the day with you and your kiddos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending the time with Aunt Tracy? She'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if she'll change her mind after being in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Hope she enjoys the time spent in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete