Wednesday, March 13, 2019

QuikTrip Said No

Today was a good day.  Less snot than I've had in ten days.  I belly laughed with my kids (*see side note below).  Tomorrow is spring break eve.  The weather allowed for no jacket.  Even one of these spectacular feats calls for a toast.  All of them combined certainly means I am stopping for beer. 

I always giggle and flutter a little on the inside when they ask to see my ID, but there was absolutely no childish foolishness tonight when the cashier said, "No ID, no beer." 

Good lord, why is this a slice you ask?  BECAUSE, I will be FORTY in a couple of months.  Being refused beer is a hilarious moment I want to cherish.  Best slice of March so far.  Maybe he's just some meticulous jerk that follows company policy, but I'm going to imagine that clerk the rest of my life as a foolish boy that just wasn't quite sure I was past the age of 20. 

In a strange way, not getting beer made a good day better, and I have no idea what kind of logic that could be.

*side note - today was full of belly laughs because I tried Working With Words Wednesday.  I cannot take credit for this idea, but can't seem to find the link to the blog that gave me the idea either... sigh.  Basically, I ordered some really cool games, and we played and had fun.  Here's a list of the games we ordered :  http://a.co/7KkOlbv


4 comments:

  1. I get tickled every time I get carded too, which is less and less these days, so I'm glad you'll always have this blog to cherish! Yay for spring break eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the youth alive. It is funny 'logic' that being denied something you wanted to buy actually made your day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckle when I'm carded as well. On the other side, as a bartender I always carded everyone. It was easier than having to make a judgement call and offending someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like many teachers have spring break next week! Mine was last week. Enjoy your days off and many more belly laughs with your kids!

    ReplyDelete