Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Quotes of Note

I'm pretty nerdy about my notebooks... lots of tabs and sections.

Quotes of note is one, and here are a few I've picked up recently to ponder:

  1. The world is almost peaceful when you stop trying to understand it.  -Priestdaddy, book
  2. People's minds aren't made for problems so large.  - Game of Thrones, episode
  3. Girls don't heal.  - Tully, film
I thought I'd write and see if I could find a common thread in the quotes I like.  

It could be...
  1. Stop Trying So Hard
  2. Let Go
  3. Chill
Hmmm... there's a theme in my themes.  

9 comments:

  1. I like the way you built this slice and the common themes you discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started using quotes in the classroom and it's amazing the depth and range of the understanding but my favorite part is the ongoing connections. I loved your quotes esp. the one from. "Tully."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of collecting quotes, and I like how you've mined them for a theme! I agree with the comment above that quotes can be powerful in the classroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A theme in my themes - there's a quotable idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy--I would buy a book of "Tracy's Favorite Quotes."

    I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no context for Tully, but I thought it was harsh.

    I would also buy the TFQ book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, I really appreciate the different & varied formats your slices take. I might have to use yours as mentor texts when I run out of ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "People's minds aren't made for problems so hard." I could tell myself this 20 times a day! At least! I wish I could be more organized with my notebooks. I'd love to hear more about yours!

    ReplyDelete